Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bik's Week 2 Thursday Night Pick: The Coin Flip

In the middle of Sunday’s games between my fantasy teams laying the proverbial egg and my picks turning to red faster than a cartoon character eating 5-alarm chilli, it was posed to me by a friend that perhaps next week I should take to flipping a coin for my picks.

Seeing as how I went 4-11-1 last week and I’m in no position to scoff. I’m open to ideas. So after a horrendous start to the 2013 NFL Season, and a thorough examination of how I plan to succeed with these picks (more on that tomorrow)..... I’m keeping Thursday’s pick nice and short.....Let’s go with the coin: Heads with the Home team, Tails with the road team.

Home team in CAPS.

Jets (+12.5) over PATRIOTS
Ok so the coin landed on heads. And I lied that I’d go with the coin. It might be my undoing but with all the injuries the Patriots are suffering on offence and going up against the Jets defence is not a favourable proposition. I think the Jets just slow this game down and try to run the clock down and keep the score line manageable and within reach. The playbook for the rookie QB Geno Smith will be scaled down to keep things easy on him, so unless he starts doing things like this, I think they do safe things with the football to make the Patriots work the full length of the field against the strength of their team.

Just a reminder of who is out for the Patriots: Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola, Shane Vereen. Aaron Dobson is questionable as is Brandon Bolden. That’s 5 players in skill positions. I know Tom Brady is a wizard, but to win this by 2 scores is going to take all sorts of wizardry.

Last Week: 4-11-1

This Season: 4-11-1

No comments: