Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fantasy Football Running Diary Part 3

After getting all cocky and being put in my place in week 3 I felt I needed to bring my A-game for week 4. No more fooling around, it's business time now. Being top dog in one pool meant I had a responsibility to maintain my dominance. And a 1-2 record in the other league meant I had some work to do. With some favourable match-ups, playing someone in each pool who was sitting in the bottom half of the standings, and my ego in check, I proceeded to throw down some of the biggest point totals either league has seen. Alright! Back on top of the world.

I did feel a little bad about one of my wins as the guy I was playing was winless, put up the second highest point totals......and still lost. Sorry Pricedale. 

But I didn't get into this to make friends. I came to be the champ. Was starting to feel like one too. I am putting up big numbers in both my pools, and my losses seemed like anomalies that were one off weeks.

Confidence on a high again I head into week 5. I wish I had some sort of epic story of heartbreak or joy but it was a pretty low key week. A very workman like win for one team, the other team showing their bi-polar colours again. Apparently my low point totals in week 3 weren't the anomaly I thought they were. I was once again in the basement.

Here is what I have had to deal with for that team:

Week 1 - 4th most points (out of 10 teams)Week 2 - Most points in league
Week 3 - Lowest points in league
Week 4 - Most points again
Week 5 - Lowest points again


I feel like I am in a terrible relationship where we are all happy and fun one week, then the next I am throwing vases against the wall because I am so angry. WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME LIKE THIS!! JUST BE CONSISTENT!!! AAAGGHHHH!!!

What do I do? I can't start blowing up a team that puts up such good numbers. But I can't keep a team that under performs so much. It could be about time that I bench Vick (who doesn't realize you aren't supposed to turnover the ball 3 times a game) and put in Andrew Luck. Luck has looked good the last few weeks and might earn himself a spot on my starting roster. Not ideal but I need to teach Vick a lesson. (insert whatever dog joke you want here)

OH! I also found a way to solve my Antonio Brown problem. I made a trade for him. No longer can Brown hurt me! Until I put him in my starting line-up for this week and he had a measly 20 yards receiving. Seriously Brown?!? Why are you trying to hurt me so much. I just want to be friends...

The next article should be interesting. Bik and I are going at it in the 2nd of our 4 total meetings between both pools. The trash talk has started, the friendship on pause, and the "Beatdown of Bik" has started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My introduction to fantasy football started here

The roller coaster of emotions of weeks 2-3 is here

No comments: